What are the trading hours?
Elite Truck and car School conducts lessons from Monday to Saturday 7am to 6pm.
Can I practice online for written test?
Yes, you can also practice the road rules test on line before you go in to sit you test. Go to www.tmr.qld.gov.au. Click onto Services Online – Practice the road rules test.
Do I need to make an appointment for my written test?
No, you can go to any TMR office during their trading hours without making an appointment
How quick can I book a practical driving test?
Department of Transport and Main Roads test spots can be 1-3 weeks out from the date you initially make contact with us. However, we will always try and work with you on this and guide you through so that your test coincides with the culmination of your training.
Can I book my practical driving test on Saturday?
Yes, you can book your practical driving test on Saturday however all associated fees need to be paid at least 10 days before the test date. All Saturdays fees is non-refundable.
I have not done my Truck Learners can I start my training?
Yes. As you are already a License holder and you are just upgrading your license. You will have to find the time to undertake your learner's some time before your practical driving test.
Will I need a Learners Permit for truck training?
A Learners Permit is not required for you to take lessons with us but it is necessary to have e held a C class license for at least 12 months.
Do I have to use the clutch when I am driving a vehicle with a road ranger gearbox during my practical driving test?
Yes, the examiner will want to see that you can drive the vehicle using the clutch.
Can I do a day course for heavy vehicle?
Yes, Full payment must be received by Elite Truck & Car School at least 5 working days before the date of the test. The fee is non-refundable unless 2 working days’ notice is given.
I don't need any lessons; I just want to do my test
We do not do cold tests – at a minimum we would do an initial 1 hour assessment, to ensure that you are test ready
Do you do refresher?
Yes, at the hourly rate.
What is the test day procedure?
- Meet a trainer at Queensland Transport (unless otherwise arranged) for a one hour warm up session before the assessment.
- Bring your Driver license and completed application form (F3000)
- It’s compulsory at the Test Centre to arrive 20 minutes before test time.
- Read "A Message from your Driving Examiner".
- Go out on test with examiner.
- When the test is completed the examiner will discuss errors with you and then inform you if the test was a pass or a fail.
- If you pass the test, you will be given license when the paper work has been completed (usually 15-20 min). If you fail, then another practical test will need to be done.
- Make sure you have paid any outstanding driving fines.