Looking for a career in trucking, logistics, construction or mining? A HR license is a highly regarded qualification to have in your back pocket.
HR (heavy rigid) training course has been developed for drivers who are seeking the skills and knowledge required to obtain a Heavy Rigid (HR) driver’s licence. Our training covers how to drive Heavy Rigid vehicles safely and in professional manner. We aim to provide the best quality heavy vehicle training through our program to suit every need. Also to suit your schedule, we have flexible training hours. For those looking for work to drive a truck or bus with three axles, this is an ideal course for you.
Elite Truck & Car School does not stipulate a minimum or a maximum number of lessons. We will provide what is needed to ensure you are test ready. You need to pass the practical driving test and if you have a current licence, it will be reissued free of charge with the new class added. It is also easier to upgrade to a HC or MC Licence in the future if you already hold this licence.
With HR qualification you are allowed to drive:
- A class MR vehicle
- A bus or truck (including a prime mover or a mobile crane) over 8t GVM with more than 2 axles
Note: You may also tow a trailer with maximum weight of 9t GVM.
- An articulated bus (a bus that can bend in the middle)
To apply for a HR Truck driving course, you must:
- hold an appropriate current car licence.
- have held car licence for at least 24 months.
- pay the fee for the Practical Driving Test.
- completed the heavy vehicle road rules test.
*Government fee is not included in the price.